Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hit

It was the familiar hunting spot and I noticed the pair with tinge of blue slowly moving in circles as if dancing…celebrating their love; this was despite being doused with lethal dosage of Tetramethrin, Cypermethrin and Imiprothrin. No. This was not an execution by khap panchayat of same gothra lovers. The two cockroaches refused to die and I once more liberally sprayed and their movement picked up speed; with satisfaction, I was about to make a turn and at that precise moment I could suddenly hear voices…dying voices making fun of me…us. I heard the first one boasting about its adaptability skills and mutations; I heard, “we are more evolved than our predecessors and have altered our taste buds to avoid sweet poisons, we are growing resistant to water and our R&D department is focusing on better wing spans and our eventual goal is immortality. You foolish human, we two were working in project immortality and we were close to achieving the formula”. My eyes stared at them. What were these? Ageing superstars or some psychopaths like amudhan and ilamaaran. The other one jeered at me, “Two type cockroach in the world. Two type. One us, coming from gutter. One you, coming from the society. We biting, you going sick. You biting others, bloody whole society going sick. You spray us with Hit, we going upside down. But there is no Hit for you society cockroaches”. Saying so, it went upside down. I was amazed that this one knew some film dialogues, which were quite old. Wondering when and where it saw this movie. The first one movement’s quickened and it became a past tense after quickly muttering these cautionary words, “Civilization is a thin, dangerously fragile veneer, and when that veneer cracks, man shall became one of the beasts again, falling back into the slime of the primeval abyss he prides himself on having climbed up from.” I had seen this one grazing on Sidney Sheldon’s “The Naked face”.

No comments:

Post a Comment