Saturday, July 18, 2009

Excuse me – Mr. Kandasamy

Mangayarkarasi delivers words of wisdom every saturday (podhigai) on tamizl, arunagirinathar and murugan aka kandasamy, the tamizl kadavul (god). Last saturday stress was being laid on murugan being assigned the role of destiny changer. I immediately questioned my mom, ‘why murugan? Cannot vishnu do this?’ These questions cannot be answered, however, the anchor did. Shiva allotted the portfolio of destiny to murugan since brahma feared murugan. To substantiate her point, the anchor quoted some verses from kandar alangaram and asked the viewers to read kandar alangaram daily.

This prompted my mom to pick her thirupugzhal book and locate kandar alangaram; she said, “what all slokams can I recite? I am already reciting kavacham, anubuthi and learning thirupugzhal. When will murugan address my worries?”

I said to her that I have a new slokam to please murugan and “hey excuse me mr. kandasamy, oru coffee kudipom come with me…” blared from my pc and my mom said, “poda!”

No comments:

Post a Comment